Hospice Quinte will be offering a Patient Volunteer Training Course starting on Thursday, April 12, 2018 and running for ten weeks. Classes will take place in Belleville from 1pm to 4pm.
The deadline to apply is March 7, 2018.
Training topics include:
- Introduction to Hospice Quinte and Hospice Palliative Care
- Role of the Volunteer; Communication
- Grief & Bereavement
- Body Mechanics
- Palliative Illnesses & their impact
- Comfort Measures
- Infection Prevention & Control
- Advance Directives
In order to take the class a candidate must complete a Patient Volunteer Application Form and undergo a screening process and formal interview. Successful candidates will then be able to attend classes.
Hospice Quinte Patient Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and not have experienced a significant loss (such as death, divorce, or loss of job or home) within the last year.
- Click here for the Hospice Quinte Patient Volunteer Application Form
- Click here for the Hospice Quinte Patient Volunteer Position Description
For more information contact:
Patient and Volunteer Coordinator
613-966-6610 ext. 223