About Hospice Quinte
Hospice Quinte assists terminally ill individuals and their caregivers by offering them support and companionship. We also provide bereavement support groups. Our service area includes Quinte West, Belleville, Deseronto, Tyendinaga Township, and the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory. Services are offered in the person’s own home, long term care homes, retirement homes and both Belleville General and Trenton Memorial Hospitals. In home care is provided by our trained, experienced, and compassionate volunteers. There are no fees for services to our patients and their families. We are a registered, non-profit, charitable organization whose volunteers are the heart of Hospice Quinte. The sustainability of our organization is realized by the financial support we receive from memorial donations, our generous business community, individual contributions as well as our own fundraising activities.
All Hospice Quinte palliative care activities recognize and support the following values:
- Care guided by quality of life as defined by the individual.
- Care and companionship provided to the individual and his or her support networks.
- Ongoing development of staff and volunteer skills to enhance services.
- Building relationships to integrate further into our community.
- Recognizing the contributions of our staff and volunteers.
We provide hospice palliative care and bereavement support services for our region.
Hospice Quinte will strive to integrate hospice palliative care into our community.
Staff and Board of Directors
- President – Darcey French
- Vice President – Michael Piercy
- Treasurer – Kim Lander
- Secretary – Janice Coulter
- Director - Sue Thoms
- Director – Martha Griffin
- Director – Bill MacKay
- Director – Lisa Campbell
- Director – Stan Dafoe
- Director – Jeff Tureski
- Director – Shari Pinault
- Director – Susan Barberstock
Hospice Quinte Office
The Hospice Quinte office is located in the Bayview Mall.
2-470 Dundas Street East Bayview Mall, Belleville, ON K8N 1G1